Monday, December 15, 2008

An Early Christmas Gift to All of You


This is one of my favorite machines making my favorite chocolate frosting/icing. And because I love you all I am going to give out the recipe! It is meant for a chocolate angel food cake, but I've put it on yellow and regular chocolate cake as well and it is fantastic! Forget the cake, I could eat eat straight from the bowl. The only downside is it needs to be refrigerated. This one batch makes enough for one 10 inch angel food cake or a round 2 layer cake. If your feeling bad you could put it on a regular cake and save the rest for yourself. I say this because I've thought about it!


Chocolate Frosting

1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
½ cup sugar
¼ cup baking cocoa
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

In mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients; cover and chill for 1 hour. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over the top and side of cake. Store in refrigerator.

4 comments:

ALF said...

Angel food cake is my FAVORITE type of cake. Only apparently you can't make it at high elevations so we have to get the store bought kind which really isn't the same.

Jeanie said...

This sounds unbelievable. I see cupcakes in my future!

More off-line, Jess. Thinking of you, but I'll share that for e-mail. Hugs and prayers.

Mary Timme said...

Oh, chocolate frosting! Is anything better. We think not! What could be? Oh, double chocolate brownies with your chocolate frosting, Hmmmmm, Maybe!

BONNIE K said...

Hard to not gain weight with this kind of recipe! But it sounds wonderful!