Thursday, December 11, 2008

December Sunset

Typically our weather comes in from the north west. I know this because I live north west of where I work. Typically if it is snowing in Nashville it has already gotten bad at my house. Not today. The weather came up from the south. I went to leave and I had slushy snow on my car. I was so excited! I thought my town has to be a white by now! Oh no! I got just outside of Nashville and it turned to rain. By the time I crossed the county line there was nothing. What is with this crazy weather? Jackson, Mississippi can get snow and we can't what is up with that!? Oh well. Do you know what was waiting for me when I got home? This beautiful sunset. You have know idea how happy this made me since I already missed two this week.


Don't blink. That is my town just beyond the tree line.

4 comments:

BONNIE K said...

That was a gorgeous picture.

Mary Timme said...

I love the sunsets this time of year! They are so vivid and many times not very long lasting. I hate missing a really good one, too!

ALF said...

I am going to Nashville on Thursday - woo!

Jeanie said...

Gorgeous photo. How I love a good sunset -- can't resist it. Word on the street is snow in Tennessee... yikes!