Saturday night Cliff, my mom and dad and Cliff's mom and dad and I all headed out to what I'd like to call the middle of no where (1 hour or so south of Nashville). We went to a friend's house for a bon fire. We had a blast. We ended up with more entertainment than any of us bargained for. I'll tell you about that later. Let's get to Elvis!
Elvis is our friend's (Darryl) stallion. He and his wife Nancy are the ones that got us into Tennessee Walking Horses. I started showing on Elvis' half sister Puddin'. She is almost 14 years old now and I can't believe it was that long ago. Puddin' has gone on to teach many other kids how to ride, but I will always be her first.
This isn't the best picture of Elvis I must say. It doesn't do him justice. My on camera flash being, being at night, and him being dirty added making the pictures not so great. He is such a ham though. I went and got him from the barn and put his lead on. I had to cuddle at the barn before I shared him with everyone else. He is such a cuddle bug!
Everyone had to come up and love on him. They threw their kids on him and took their pictures while Elvis stood parked out. Just chillin' and looking every bit like the big man on campus. The popular quarter back getting all of the attention and loving every minute of it. If and when we ever breed Lady it will be to him.
After everyone had their fill of Elvis I went with Darryl's step son to get Sara Beth. She is Elvis' 2 year old filly and out of a mare similar to mine. They have the same Grandfather Marshall Dillon. The mother of Sara Beth and Lady looked similar color and all. I know what he was doing... He was saying "look what you could have!" She was drop dead gorgeous of course. She looks exactly like Elvis and personality plus. She is just as laid back as he is. I didn't get a picture of her, but I got on her and started to walk her through the field towards to crowd when something happened. I heard cars speeding down the country road and then it sounded like one of them ran off the road or went into the driveway. I got off of her. If you know anything about horses or 2 year olds you know you don't want to be on them when something scary is going down. I hopped off and headed toward the barn in time to hear tires squall and 2 trucks started backing down the road! What was going on!? A guy hops out of truckA and heads back to truck b. I hear someone yell "Calm down!" and that they picked the wrong house. next thing I knew blue lights came out of the drive way of the party after the guy. Turns out the guy had a gun in his hand and went after truckB which put into reverse and squealed tires. It was all a blur and confusing, but guy in truckA went to jail. He pulled his shenanigans in front of the right house. There were 7 police officers there. They called the county and had it under control before they got there. The teenagers had "turned around in his yard" and he went after them because he had several break ins recently, pulling a gun on several teenagers. The kids were lucky they stopped where they did. Guy1 should go to anger management. Everyone at the party watched disbelief as a new episode of Cops unfolded before their eyes.
3 comments:
Dang,,it started out with the sweetie Elvis and ended up with Cops. You had a great night! I Love Elvis,,he is beautiful! I hope you do breed Lady with him, I know they would have some beautiful colts.
Bad Boys, Bad Boys,,,lol.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Wow - he is gorgeous!
Ha! I laughed and laughed -- I think your Elvis was far more handsome than mine (though the one we saw could carry a tune! What a great time! I think he'd be a fine gentleman caller for Lady!
Post a Comment