Monday, July 21, 2008

What We've Been Waiting For!

OK aside from Mason (he should be here sometime tomorrow - Leslie goes in at midnight tonight to be induced - see previous post). There is something else we've been waiting for months for! My Mother-In-Law, Sharon, found a house to rent that allows pets, is close to her work and it even has a big yard (6 acres worth not all of it is mowed). They will even let her fence it in for Em and Sunny which are currently housed at my mom and dad's with Lady and Mae (my horses). Cliff and Sharon spent all day at the house yesterday. I went in the afternoon to help paint. The house doesn't have electricity yet and it was very HOT yesterday. My dad brought his tractor and bush hog over to cut the "grass". I quote grass because it was really tall and mostly weeds. The property is so big and the grass was so high it took him 4hours to cut it. It needs some more work, but is a sound house and only needs some cosmetic things done. We should have in done in about a month. I love my Dear MIL, but after 4 months we are ready to have our teeny house to ourselves. My MIL and FIL are from Northern Michigan and can not find a job where they live so Sharon came down in March to find a job and a place to stay so we can move them and Grandma down here. I am so excited for her as it is only 5 miles from her work and I've never lived 5 miles from where I work! This year my closest place (I travel) is 14 miles away and I am so excited to have a 15 minute drive. This is the first year since I graduated that where I work isn't 30 miles or more away (OK so my profile says Nashville, but I'm actually a few miles out). I can't imagine having one that is less than 10 minutes away! The house she is renting is only about 16 miles away from our house so she still isn't far. Our next big step is moving a house load of stuff down here...

2 comments:

Beth said...

YAY!!!! I know your so thrilled. It is hard for Newly weds to have inlaws living with them. So if she moves out next month then what a wonderful 1st year anniversary present you will have!(that sounded bad, didn't it) I know you love her just hard to live with relatives 4 sure! I am happy for her too!
xoxooxoxoxoxoxo

Mary Timme said...

What great news. Even if it is weeds that they are mowing. Yea! And you are right, 5 miles to work is jus right. Gets the car warm in the winter! Yippee! Yea!