My dad's (really my mom's too, but he is my dad's "baby") dog Jack and my barn cat Runt make one unusual pair. This is a picture of them (phone picture sorry it isn't good quality!) eating together. She is the only barn cat that he will allow to eat with him. He followed me after I fed him, turned around and saw another cat eating out of his dish with Runt and he goes barreling towards his dish growling like a mad dog. Runt raises up and sees him coming right at her and just sits there like "I know you aren't talkin' to me!" while the other cat leaves the country. Then he eats with Runt while looking out for any other cats brave enough to confront him. We call Runt "Jack's Cat". They have always been like this. When she was a kitten we just thought that it was because she was a baby, but now she is grown and she is still the only one that can do this. He also wags his tail when she walks up to him. She licks his ears and rubs on him even goes as far as laying on top of him when he is laying down. It is the coolest thing. I've never seen a dog take to a cat and cat to a dog to this extreme before. Do you all have any unusual "love" stories?
Monday, July 28, 2008
A Very Unusual Love Story
I've been thinking a lot about love lately as it is coming up on mine and my husband's first Anniversary (about a month now). Closer to time I will give you our story, but Friday when I was at my parent's house it made me realize that sometimes love is rather unusual and unpredictable.
My dad's (really my mom's too, but he is my dad's "baby") dog Jack and my barn cat Runt make one unusual pair. This is a picture of them (phone picture sorry it isn't good quality!) eating together. She is the only barn cat that he will allow to eat with him. He followed me after I fed him, turned around and saw another cat eating out of his dish with Runt and he goes barreling towards his dish growling like a mad dog. Runt raises up and sees him coming right at her and just sits there like "I know you aren't talkin' to me!" while the other cat leaves the country. Then he eats with Runt while looking out for any other cats brave enough to confront him. We call Runt "Jack's Cat". They have always been like this. When she was a kitten we just thought that it was because she was a baby, but now she is grown and she is still the only one that can do this. He also wags his tail when she walks up to him. She licks his ears and rubs on him even goes as far as laying on top of him when he is laying down. It is the coolest thing. I've never seen a dog take to a cat and cat to a dog to this extreme before. Do you all have any unusual "love" stories?
My dad's (really my mom's too, but he is my dad's "baby") dog Jack and my barn cat Runt make one unusual pair. This is a picture of them (phone picture sorry it isn't good quality!) eating together. She is the only barn cat that he will allow to eat with him. He followed me after I fed him, turned around and saw another cat eating out of his dish with Runt and he goes barreling towards his dish growling like a mad dog. Runt raises up and sees him coming right at her and just sits there like "I know you aren't talkin' to me!" while the other cat leaves the country. Then he eats with Runt while looking out for any other cats brave enough to confront him. We call Runt "Jack's Cat". They have always been like this. When she was a kitten we just thought that it was because she was a baby, but now she is grown and she is still the only one that can do this. He also wags his tail when she walks up to him. She licks his ears and rubs on him even goes as far as laying on top of him when he is laying down. It is the coolest thing. I've never seen a dog take to a cat and cat to a dog to this extreme before. Do you all have any unusual "love" stories?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I do have an unusual love story of love I gues you'd call it, between a dog and our cats.
Fluffy was the laziest cat known to man. He made his mother clean him when he was over 2 years old. But he was the cat Puddles, our dog, always Chose to haul around over the sharp and bummpy weeds inside the fence of our yard. (In the 50's you didn't have lawns out on the farm that was a dryland farm.) Sometimes for 10 or 15 minutes at a time this would go on. Then Puddles would drop Fluffly where ever it was that she got tired of doing this and Fluff would mew piteously until Puddles would pick him up by the neck again and drag him where he wanted to be. Of course most of the cats got a turn being dragged about by the neck, but Fluff seemed to enjoy it the most. If Puddles was rebuffed by the other cats, the dog could always count on Fluffly to want to be dragged. Weird, but they both seemed to enoy it.
LOL I can't believe a dog would haul his lazy fanny around. That is so funny! My cat, Saber, wouldn't be caught dead being hauled around in a dog's mouth. Thank you for sharing your story.
That is so cool how Jack and Runt have such a great relationship. Lady is the boss over Carl the cat and Carl knows it too,,lol. But I think during the day when every one is gone they have a big party and then sleep cozied up together too. And when Lady hears cats fighting outside she looks for Kitty and if she isn't inside she starts barking and gets her hackles up.
My brother has a cat that is extremely close to his Boxer Dog Andy. They sleep together and the cat cleans on Andy all the time.
I Loved Mary's story too,,Lazy little Puddles,lol.
Great Post Jess!!!!
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox
This is the best! Boy, are they sweet together!
Post a Comment