Monday, June 23, 2008

The Great Outdoors Inside a Great Hotel

Saturday, I took Cliff's Aunt Linda and her sons, Clark (12) and Mitchell (7) to Opryland Hotel in Nashville. It is amazing, even after living here all my life and having been there numerous times. I can't imagine being 7 or 12 and seeing something like it for the first time. They even have boats that follow the "river" inside. It is quite nice as it is kept somewhere between 68-72 degrees at all times and you don't have to worry about rain. Near Christmas time it is a spectacular site inside and out as they have thousands of lights. We had a blast.

Let's start with a map. Delta is where the boats and the stores are along with most of the restaruants as it is the biggest area and Cascades is where most of the waterfalls are.


To give you an idea of the size...




Beautiful terrain and flowers!





Waterfalls...




They even have buildings inside the Hotel.



The End!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

This brings back such memories! We had a PBS meeting there about seven years ago. I swear, I never once made it back to my room in what was probably the most convenient way! It's a labyrinth! A gorgeous one -- your photos are terrific, and boy, wasn't it a subject heaven? I must have walked miles trying to get not all that far! Thanks for the walk down my own memory lane!

Beth said...

I Love going to that hotel. Its so nice to be in there where its cool when its so hot outside. Looks like you had a fun time and what great pics you too.
xoxoxooxoxoxo

JessInFocus said...

Thank you both. I am used to going with people that have seen it a million times so it was nice to go with new people and watch their mind wrap around it. The boys were so much fun. Every curve of the sidewalk brought something new.

Jeanie, I can imagine you not getting back to your room the easiest way. I can't imagine working there. Of course our getting lost lead us to finding the Godiva Chocolate shop. What a wonderful way to get lost!