Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I wish you all a fantastic Halloween!

Now, while I have you here meet my new friends Flickr and Picnik. Flickr lets you store photos for free. Although it is limited and I met my limit already this month (they have limits for how much you can load each month in the free version. It will start over on the 1st of November). I am thinking about getting the unlimited version... one day. Picnik is a partner of Flickr and is an easy way of editing photos. It is also free, but does not allow you to use everything for free. If you take your photo to the Picnik site directly you can do more than you could with editing it from Flickr. Oops! I think I just gave away their secret!

The filter I used here is Posterize (spelling?).
Halloween Cat

This one is a little trickier. I used the sharpen filter using the brush only applied to her face only. Then I added the soften filter and removed it from her face using the brush.
Makayla's BooBoo lip!

For this one I used the Lomo-ish filter.
Makayla 2 Lomo

To be honest I cant remember what I used on the next two.
IMG_0100 BS

Lindsey Makayla edit

Now, go have fun!

2 comments:

Beth said...

OH wow,,those look good the way you played with them. You can do alot of those with adobe too. You should try to download some brushes and play with your photos in adobe. I probably need to do a few photos in flickr. My webshots won't work good on my new puter on the desktop that you download,,it don't like Vista. Not many programs like vista.
Have a fun tuesday!
xooxoxoxoxo

Jeanie said...

Not only are these photos stunning, but that's really a cool idea! I just post them, but never play with them -- have no idea how! The kitty is wonderful with those pumpkins!