Have you ever wanted something so badly that it haunted your thoughts and dreams, but there are obstacles in the way, keeping you from this dream? What ever the obstacle may be you think “If”.
If, the English language’s biggest two letter word.
The thing that I want so badly is a building in my home town. When I was younger I remember being drawn to this building. It’s tried to suck me in for years now. At first I didn’t know what to do with it if I had it, but I knew I wanted it. In July I was assigned to my home town school (and 6 other schools) so now I see it at least once a week. It is beautiful. Maybe not to everyone, but it is to me. It is so bad now that when I walk past a window and catch a glimpse of it I have to stop and stare. It doesn’t just whisper any more, it screams. It is begging for me to turn it into a photography studio. To try to put my mind at ease I think about all the flaws it could have. As old as it is it is probably about to fall apart... the steps will need to be redone. The painting. The roof. The floors are probably awful, but even that doesn't help. All I want to do is go wrap my arms around it and show it just how beautiful it can be.
It used to be a shop, you know, like an auto shop. Then it used to be a barber shop. Now it is nothing, but it tells me what it wants to be. And I think… If only I had the money. If only it had a decent amount of land so that I could build a beautiful yard for outdoor photos. If only it had parking. If only what it has for a back yard didn’t drop of into oblivion. If only I wasn’t such a naturalist and liked the studio more. If only…
What is the thing you want so badly and what is stopping you?
4 comments:
What a great post! I want to see a picture of this building, it sounds amazing. I sure wish you did have a studio cause you such an amazing photographer!
My dream is to be a well known mixed media artist. To have a nice big studio in the back of the house with lots of big windows and sky lights so I could have lots of great natural light. And to be able to make lots of art and jewelry that I could sell and make a decent living. Whats stopping me you ask? Uh,well,,just like you, no moolah to do this with.
But maybe one day!!! We can keep dreaming and working to make our dreams come true!
HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!
XOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX
I really don't have anything stopping me other than I'm running out of time. I mean there are X number of years left and I"m worried I won't get it all done.
Oh, well, I do try to do everything as quickly as I can, and that is all I can do. Sigh!
I also want to see a picture of this building! I have always wanted to write, and since starting my blog, I am enjoying doing that. I don't need to be famous; I just want to have that as part of my life and now it is. The other thing I want to do is help a friend publish a book cause he's such a talented writer, and that one is much tougher.
Thanks for your imput ladies! I will try to get a photo of it soon.
Hope your dreams come true.
Post a Comment