Sunday, October 12, 2008

An Adventure In A City Park

The other day while going through pictures I noticed that the only fall photos I had were either form work, or taken at my house, my parents house, or my in-laws. I am ashamed to say it, but it has been a long time since I had been any where just to take pictures. So Saturday morning I left the house a bit before 7 am and went to one of my favorite Metro Nashville Parks. It is considered a City Park, but it is in the country (Joelton) and at the time of being donated to Metro is was the largest piece of undeveloped land in Davidson County. The donor wanted it to be a walking park. It is beautiful and hilly with a creek running through it. I couldn't wait to get there yesterday morning. It had been a while since I had been there and I had never been there in the morning light. There are 2 parking lots. One at the creek and one at the top of a hill. I went to the top since that is what will see the light first.

Beaman Park

As I walked around I began to wonder if I had made a mistake going this morning. The sun was hiding behind some clouds. I left the trail and walked East over to the edge of a steep hill, which brought me to another trail. As I got my camera ready it happened. The sun broke free and sent dappling light through the trees taking my breath away.

Beaman Park

I will save you the pain of having to tote a heavy camera, tripod and camera bag through the woods.

Beaman Park

Beaman Park

If I remember correctly the trail winds through about 300 acres.

Beaman Park

There were even some flowers left.

Beaman Park

Beaman Park

If I could have bottled the sounds up I would have. It was just me, the wind, the birds, and the creek. When I got there I was the only one. I was there for 30 minutes before I saw someone else. By the time I left the lower parking was almost full.

Beaman Park

Beaman Park

Beaman Park

The local wildlife. Ha ha!

Beaman Park

Beaman Park

After 2 hours of walking with my heavy tripod I decided a short cut up the hill to my car would be much better than winding my way back up the proper way. I hope to better explore the park again next week as I bearly broke the surface of this beautiful park.

1 comment:

Beth said...

OMG!!! It is beautiful there! I want to go there with you. I wish we could go after work one afternoon this week. But it is gorgeous and your pictures are breathtaking! Even though the tripod was heavy it definetly made your pictures better!
Thanks for letting me see that awesome place cause I definetly want to see it in person.
xoxoxoxooxoxox