Thursday, May 1, 2008

What A Beautiful Day!

How could you be in a bad mood when you wake up to this?


The sun was shinning bright like a promise of what is in store for the day. Hopefully Friday will be the same!

I made Banana Nut Bread last night for Cliff to have for breakfast today. He has Carpal Tunnel Surgery on Friday. His ring finger and middle finger are always numb and he has had trouble sleeping for the past 2 months. Anyway I wanted him to have a yummy breakfast today. He loves this recipe. I do not make it all the time since it is not exactly healthy food, but the bread is delicious. If only he knew that I had to run to the store last night at nearly 10pm to get enough flour (he was asleep since he has to be at work at 4am).

The recipe is for two loaves, but is easy to half. Here it is...

Banana Nut Bread

INGREDIENTS:
• 1 cup butter or margarine
• 2 cups sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons soda
• 4 cups flour
• 6 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
• 1 cup finely chopped pecans
PREPARATION:
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture. Stir in bananas and chopped pecans.
Pour banana nut bread batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans; bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. This banana nut bread recipe makes 2 loaves.



Hope you have a bright and shinning day!

3 comments:

Beth said...

And just where are you at
Ms. Betty Crocker? Miss you! Bread looks scrumptous!!!
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

Beth said...

I LOVE your new banner! It is cool!
I hope Cliff does ok with his surgery. Take care of the patient this week-end,,pamper him and wait on him hand and foot,,,Jess says "yeah right".
xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

Jeanie said...

Thank you for visiting The Marmelade Gypsy! I'm delighted to pop back, and I know I'll return often -- this is a delightful blog, and I can see by your Saber you and I are of the same mind when it comes to cat-friends!

The banana bread recipe looks terrific -- I have some bananas that may well need to find life in a new form, so thanks for the recipe!

Do come back again. I know I'll come here!