So far so good. 1) The first summer we lived here we put a door (sliding glass door, because it wasn't a big enough room for french doors) in the dining room and built a huge deck later on we.. 2) Installed under cabinet lights in the kitchen 3) Added flowers to the bear landscape in the front and 4) Moved the cabinets around in the kitchen so that the fridge door no longer slams into a wall and will open all the way now.
Who ever did a complete remodel of the house last has the 11x11 bedroom with the bathroom making it so that we have to walk all the way through the house to use the bathroom near the kitchen when we have a guest. Then the washer and dryer are in the mud room and visible as soon as you open the side door and the master closet is 6 1/2 feet by 13 feet. So... we want to remove the shower from the bathroom next to the kitchen, move the washer and dryer in to the now half bath, make what was the washer and dryer area a large coat closet and put a full bath in part of the master's closet. We will remove the linoleum and put tile down instead. making the master bath with heated tile. We recently purchase a shower door for the shower we will take out. We want to reuse the shower door in the master bath, but we don't have room for a large shower and double sinks. So the question is...
Would you rather have a double vanity and small corner shower or a large shower and a 30 inch single sink? (See my poll below the "About Me"). See below for a visual of the space. If it makes a difference the guest bathroom has a tub/shower combo and we found some great pocket doors to use in the master bath. Click on each image to enlarge.
Large shower.

Large shower in 3D.

Small shower with double vanity.

Edited to add: If we do the large shower it will be coustom made with tile and if it is a corner shower it will probably be a fiberglass model.
4 comments:
That was hard for me but I do like a large shower. So I voted for that. I don't have any thing to post today, just worked on that stupid house all week-end. YUK!
See ya tomorrow!
xoxoxooxoxoxox
I'm in and out of the shower in short order, but I like a double sink if I can. I mean, both are to get you clean, but, two can fit in a small shower for fun and it is nice to not both be spitting in the same sink all the time together. My take on it. Thanks so much for the comment. I've been MIB (Missing in Blogland) for the last week so didn't get it answered. I think the double sink is a better selling point for most.
I'll have to vote on the larger shower, mainly for economic reasons. While I like the double-sink/vanity, using your current and fairly new shower door (and it is beautiful) will be the best use of your resources. Besides your Dad can help/do the tile work for you.
See I took the hint and posted my 2-cents for your blog. Love ya!
Jessica,
Have you considered a 48" shower and 2 30 inch vanities? I think you would have room.
Pattie Council
Post a Comment