Monday, February 23, 2009

Busy Bee

My husband and I spent all weekend de-cluttering, painting and organizing our house to make it more sellable (we are maybe, possibly, selling our house to buy a house we've wanted for years). My in-laws came over Sunday and helped all day which was wonderful. We are going to try to stage our house as much as possible and my mother-in-law, Sharon helped me decide not to pack away dishes my mom's mom gave me before I moved into our current house. We showcased them in my china cabinet and I couldn't be happier about how it looks. This morning I was getting ready for work and saw how the morning light came through the back door and hit her old dishes. I am going to print this picture out and show it to her so she can see it. I love these dishes!



What do you all think about staging? Do you think it is worth it? Does it make a difference in what you think about the house?

Don't forget about the Blogaversary! I plan on getting to every one's blog tonight... I miss you all.

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

I've never done the staging thing, not having had to sell a house, but I've heard it is really the thing to do. And by the way, my dear, that photograph is stunning. Simply stunning!

Good luck!

BONNIE K said...

I don't know what staging means, but I really like the look of those plates in your photo.

Beth said...

Oh, that is a wonderful photo. I Love the dishes too. I think staging is the way to go. I keep trying to convince my husband of that too. Are you going to keep pictures on the wall? I think our house would sell if we had some furniture and pictures in there.
You just keep getting better and better with your photography.
Miss you!
xoxoxoxoxoxoox

{Pure} Essence said...

Beautiful image Jess. I think staging is the way to go. Have you see all those show in HGTV about it?... they really talk about making your house neutral so the potential buyer can see him/herself in the house. You are wise by staging I think. what kind of house is the "new" one going to be? Old house?

Mandy said...

Jess...I love it!! You never cease to amaze me w/your talent, those moments that I never think to take a second look at, you somehow see and capture on film in a way that takes my breath.

As far as the staging...I have also heard that baking cookies and leaving them sitting on a plate on the kitchen counter gives it a more "homey" feel and smell! :) And now that you can buy the cookie dough that is pre-cut in squares you would only have to bake 2 or 3 at a time...pretty easy.

Mary Timme said...

I've never done the staging thing either. I prefer looking at empty houses, myself. We've owned 10 different houses and lived in this one the longest. It is the house we'll die in I think and hope.

I love the dishes though!

ALF said...

Those dishes are beautiful! I think staging is helpful in being able to see what the room will look like with furniture in it.

Pokety Patch Blog said...

I think that you do whatever works! I love your photos.