Monday, March 3, 2008

8 Days Old!

Sunday our little guy (barn name is Sunny) turned 8 days. He continues to grow and get healthier. Which makes me very happy. We have had many visitors that have come to see him. It amazes me at everyones interest in babies. He is a friendly little guy. I think he enjoys the company. When we let him out to play he ran around, bucked and kicked then laid down and slept. Then he got up and did it over again.

If you or a friend is interested in a Arabian colt he will be for sale after he is weaned and gelded.

Here my husband is messing with him.








We introduced my 2 mares to the baby yesterday too. We put a halter on Mae, just in case we needed to grab her for some reason, even though she never wears one in the field and she couldn't stand it. She kept shaking her head and rubbing her face on her legs. My husband put it on her and she would go up to him like "Take it off!!!!" Why you ask? Because she may not be the boss horse at the barn, but she is the queen! She only wears one when we are working with her of hauling her some where and she knows it.




I couldn't resist this picture of Runt (the barn cat) she was cleaning her self and I caught her tongue out. He he!

1 comment:

Mary Bee said...

Sunny is looking quite handsome for such a young one. Thanks for dropping by my blog. You commented on my two kittens Paws and Sista. In relation to Runt, Paws spends a lot of his time with his tongue out in that position, not just when licking. Never seen a cat do that. Cute!

I used to ride bare back and break horses when I was young. Those were fun times.