Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Good news is my family and I are all safe and sound. If you have seen the news you've seen that Nashville has had a record breaking flood. It is just devastating. I haven't been to Nashville since Friday so seeing it on the news is mind blowing. It almost doesn't seem real if the landmarks weren't so familiar. I about broke down when I saw videos of Opryland hotel with up to 8 feet of water (and that was before it crested). Someone posted on FaceBook a picture of The Grand Ole Opry and I choked back tears again as I thought about walking across the beautiful stage for high school graduation. It isn't just Nashville either it is a lot of surrounding areas. Anywhere that was near a river that is connected to the Cumberland.

They still are dealing with it too. They are having to decide how much water to release and from where. Clarksville has been devastated by flooding and the dams up stream have no choice, but to release water.

Just the weekend before last the weather men were playing the rain we had over the weekend down. Like it wasn't going to be a big deal after the rain we had the other weekend. It turns out they were wrong and the Greater Nashville Area had between 13-17 inches of rain in just 2 days.

Click here for Tennessean's gallery on Nashville's flood.

3 comments:

BONNIE K said...

Well it's good to hear from you, but terrible about the flooding. Thanks for the link to the pictures - I did not realize how bad it was.

Beth said...

Awh,,you posted again! You never have posted about the New addition that will be coming in a few months. Then you will have alot to post about!
MIssed you,,even though I haven't been a very good blogger lately either,,,thanks to FB,,lol.
Love Ya!
xoxoxoxo

Jeanie said...

I heard about this on the news, from Beth, from Rosemary. I stayed at that hotel about eight years ago; sad to think of it under water. But glad you and yours are safe.